Well, this has been fun, hasn’t it? And now the final instalment of the 30-Day Song Challenge.
- 26 A song that makes you want to fall in love: ‘You Wear It Well’
“You made me feel a millionaire”
Personal reasons. Nothing to add….oh, except that this comes from the album ‘Never A Dull Moment’. How appropriate.
- 27 A song that breaks your heart: ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’
“Try to be sure right from the start’
From ‘After The Goldrush’, one of the crucial albums of my university years.
- 28 A song by an artist whose voice you love: ‘Piece Of My Heart’
“Didn’t I make you feel like you were the only man?”
Janis Joplin. Accept no substitute.
- 29 A song you remember from your childhood: ‘Rock Around The Clock’
“We’re gonna have some fun”
Where would we be without Bill Haley (and Elvis, of course)?
- 30 A song that reminds you of yourself: ‘Bird On The Wire’
“I have tried, in my way, to be free”
It seems appropriate to finish this exercise as we started it, with a song that is so important to me that it’s on the ‘play this at my funeral’ list.