Well, this has been fun, hasn’t it? And now the final instalment of the 30-Day Song Challenge.
- 26 A song that makes you want to fall in love: ‘You Wear It Well’
“You made me feel a millionaire”
Personal reasons. Nothing to add….oh, except that this comes from the album ‘Never A Dull Moment’. How appropriate.
- 27 A song that breaks your heart: ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’
“Try to be sure right from the start’
From ‘After The Goldrush’, one of the crucial albums of my university years.
- 28 A song by an artist whose voice you love: ‘Piece Of My Heart’
“Didn’t I make you feel like you were the only man?”
Janis Joplin. Accept no substitute.
- 29 A song you remember from your childhood: ‘Rock Around The Clock’
“We’re gonna have some fun”
Where would we be without Bill Haley (and Elvis, of course)?
- 30 A song that reminds you of yourself: ‘Bird On The Wire’
“I have tried, in my way, to be free”
It seems appropriate to finish this exercise as we started it, with a song that is so important to me that it’s on the ‘play this at my funeral’ list.
2 thoughts on “30-Day Song Challenge: Days 26-30”
I’ve enjoyed your selection tremendously. With Janis and Neil Young (his video stopped working though) and Leonard Cohen, how can it be wrong? But all the rest as well. Thank you for the music!